Friday, September 21, 2012

Thought for the Week: August 14, 2012

An encouragement for this week from the book “Thriving as an Artist in the Church” by Rory Noland:

Isaiah 41:10... says,“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Don’t be afraid to fail. It can make you better. As weightlifters know...you can’t build up muscles without first tearing them down, and you don’t do that without reaching the point of failure. I think that’s true for artists as well. Failure can bring growth and renewal into our lives if we can learn from our mistakes. Attempting to learn something from my failures has liberated me from my natural tendency to berate myself for past failures and has allowed me to reach forward enthusiastically to what lies ahead.
Praying that if you are currently struggling with some failures in your life...or your being held back from ones in your past...that you would find healing and liberation by looking at that event(s) through a new lens...one of positive learning that will make you better and stronger for your next creative attempts or endeavors! I think of how many famous artists (writers, painters, musicians) that “failed” over and over but they just kept at it and have amazing stories to tell!! Just like how many creative attempts & failures were made in the light bulb, electricity, and the phone inventions! Praying you will keep on creating & attempting new things in whatever your passion areas are!!

Praying for you,
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment