Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thought for the Week: Feb 25, 2012

An encouragement for this week from the book “The Creative Call” by Janice Elsheimer:


1 Chronicles 25:1... says,
David, together with the commanders of the army, set apart some of the sons of Asaph, Heman and Jeduthun for the ministry of prophesying, accompanied by harps, lyres and cymbals.
God used music to inspire and bring His people closer to Him. If the Lord honored (and set apart) craftsmen, artists, and musicians throughout the history of His chosen people, than surely He treasures the artists and craftspeople of today. Why should we harbor resentment or anger against someone who discouraged us when we have a Father who has given us the gift of creativity, who knows us by name, and is always there to encourage us? We need to focus on our heavenly Father’s encouragement when we feel hurt, angered, or discouraged by others.

As you know, there are many names for God used in the Bible. My favorite one right now is “Truthful One”. The reason it’s my favorite is because He is the source I can go to in order to hear the REAL truth...including the truth about me, who I am, and the gifts He has given me. You may relate to someone or something discouraging you from using your gifts and creativity...I sure can...so when I go back to the Truthful One I can know the truth about who He created me to be & what He created me to do. That helps me overcome the barriers of discouragement and hurt feelings that try and stop me from living into that Truth.

Praying that if you are struggling with the same that you will be able to turn to the source of all Truth, your heavenly Father, your Creator, who lovingly shaped and formed every part of you...your personality...your gifts...your interests...your hobbies...all to live the life He created for you. May your ears and heart be opened to hear His Truth and live into that today. And praying you will be able to forgive and let go of any anger or hurt you may feel towards anyone who didn’t speak the truth to you....so you will be free again! Free to create and be YOU!! : )

Praying for you,
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment